List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss] Sun-N1GE Installation- sgemaster not started
From:       thamizhannalme () tce ! edu
Date:       2007-03-27 10:52:32

Hi,

      When I am intalling the Sun N1 GE I am facing following problem. I
am using PCQLinux-2006. The port i am using is 536 and 537 which is
not used else where. Please help me fix the problem.

Regards,
Thamizh P

[root@gridmaster1 n1ge6]# service sgeqmaster start
sgeqmaster: unrecognized service
[root@gridmaster1 n1ge6]# service sgemaster start
   starting sge_qmaster

sge_qmaster didn't start!
Please check the messages file

   starting sge_schedd
error: commlib error: can't connect to service (Connection refused)
error: getting configuration: unable to contact qmaster using port 536 on
host "gridmaster1"
error: can't get configuration from qmaster -- backgrounding
[root@gridmaster1 n1ge6]#