List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss]  Diskless Roll : Problem with nodes installation
From:       Philip Coltharp <coltharp () hadron ! physics ! fsu ! edu>
Date:       2006-10-30 16:17:47

I'm getting the following error on tty3 when installing my compute
node:  The dots represent characters that I could not read due to the
speed that the screen was updating.  These six lines repeat rapidly over
and over until something times out:

* ROCKS:getRaidInfo:raidinfo[]
* ROCKS:getDisks:disk['loop2']
* ROCKS:................................[force-default-root-disk-only']
* ROCKS:getNode..........
* ROCKS:............
* ROCKS:.....partition...

Once the timeout occurs this screen dumps something like the output
given in the message from Carlos Vale, [Rocks-Discuss] Diskless Roll :
Problem with nodes installation
<https://lists.sdsc.edu/pipermail/npaci-rocks-discussion/2006-October/021720.html>
(/Tue Oct 17 06:00:59 PDT 2006/).

....usr/lib64/python2.3/site-packages/rhpl/log.py.....
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
Find: /install/: No such file or directory
Sending termination signals...done
Sending kill signals...done
disabling swap
unmounting filesystems...
   /mnt/runtime done
   disabling /dev/loop2
   /proc done
   /dev/pts done
   /tmp/ramfs done
rebooting system
Restarting system.

The screen dumps and then computer reboots too fast to copy anything down.

Are there any suggestions out there as to why this is, and ways to fix
it.  I'm installing Rocks 4.2.1 with service pack, using Centos 4.4 OS.

I have read message <a
href="https://lists.sdsc.edu/pipermail/npaci-rocks-discussion/2006-October/021894.html">[Rocks-Discuss] \
 Problem with Diskless Roll</a> which discusses installing "busybox";
I've installed this. There was no apparent change to the behavior of the
systems.

Philip Coltharp
Florida State University