List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss]Custom Node install "Everything" meta package problems
From:       David Black-Schaffer <davidbbs () stanford ! edu>
Date:       2006-03-31 23:44:12

I did a custom install of a node adding the meta package "Everything"
to my extend-compute.xml.

While this did indeed install everything from the CentOS install, it
also appears to have installed packages for the cluster head node.

I have cron.daily/ entries for backup-cluster-db, tripwire, etc.

Is there anyway to make the extend-compute.xml file install all the
CentOS software but not the rocks head node software?

Also, when specifying packages in the extend-compute.xml file, how do
I know if I should use the <name> (i.e., <package
type="meta">Development Tools</package>) or the <id> (i.e.,
<package>development-tools</package>).

Thanks,
	-David