List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss]Globus and sge problems
From:       "Ross Ishida" <ishida () soest ! hawaii ! edu>
Date:       2006-03-31 2:22:39

Hi All,

I just installed a 4.1 rocks with rolls for area51, base, ganglia, hpc,
java, kernel, os, sge, viz, web-server, pbs, grid, intel-compilers.
Everything went pretty smoothly except for the globus setup.  I had to run
the gpt-postinstall script manually to finish up the globus configuration.
I also ran the setup-ca script as well to create the Simple CA.  There
weren't any docs on this, so I guessed on the gpt-postinstall and the
setup-ca.  Anyway, things seem to be working, but in the docs for the grid
example, I get an error.

$ globus-job-run localhost/jobmanager-sge /bin/hostname
GRAM Job submission failed because the gatekeeper failed to find the
requested service (error code 93)
$

In the /var/log/messages file I get

Mar 30 16:16:55 albert GRAM gatekeeper[25888]: Requested service:
jobmanager-sge
Mar 30 16:16:55 albert GRAM gatekeeper[25888]: Failed to find requested
service: jobmanager-sge: -2

After reading some of the mail list archives, I saw something about the
sge.pm patch.  There is no sge.pm installed anywhere on the system.  I also
read something about running the setup-globus-jobmanager-sge script to setup
sge for globus.  That script also doesn't exist.  Is something not
installed?  Am I missing a few steps inbetween.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ross

| Ross J. Ishida                 University of Hawaii, Manoa          |
| Network Administrator          School of Ocean and Earth            |
| Research Computing Facility    Science and Technology(SOEST)        |
| 1680 East West Road            Phone: (808)956-2558                 |
| POST #820                      FAX:   (808)956-9256                 |
| Honolulu, HI 96822             email: ishida@soest.hawaii.edu       |