List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss]Dual-Boot Windows and Rocks-OS in all master and
From:       Joe Landman <landman () scalableinformatics ! com>
Date:       2004-09-30 12:52:52

Hi Rajiv:

  This is very very custom.  In short, you would need to have a
preserved partition on you compute nodes that was not erased upon
re-install, a way to manipulate the /etc/grub.conf and the boot process,
and a few other tools.

  I might suggest an alternative than the dual boot approach:  Us VMWare
if possible.  This way, you could simply install the VMWare RPM, and
copy your VM to each machine as part of the node install.  Or use a
fixed partition which remains untouched by ROCKS to write your VMdisk
into.  This would be far simpler than the dual boot compute nodes.

  Note: if you really want to do this sort of stuff, please contact me
offline.  I have some very non-ROCKified methods that could help.

Joe

--
Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Scalable Informatics LLC,