List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    [Rocks-Discuss]Bug in 2.3.1 beta?
From:       "Rafael R. Pappalardo" <rafapa () catedrax ! us ! es>
Date:       2003-01-30 12:05:49

I have tried to install 2.3.1 beta (7/01/2003) in a couple of computers where
a previous version of Rocks was already installed.

The frontend installation goes smoothly but when trying to install the compute
node the following message appears.

Requested partition does not exist

Unable to locate partition hda1 to use for /

Press OK to reboot your system.

Does anybody knows where to look to try to solve this problem?

I have built a rescue diskette and deleted manually all the partitions in the
compute node. Then the installation goes OK. My worries are because I have a
much bigger cluster waiting to be reinstalled and I want to avoid the need
for a manual erasing of the HD.

Excuse me if this is not the right mailing list to post questions about beta
releases.

Sincerely,
--
Rafael R. Pappalardo
Dept. Quimica Fisica, Fac. de Quimica, Univ. de Sevilla.