List:       npaci-rocks-discussion
Subject:    Re: [Rocks-Discuss]Migrating from ROCKS1.0 to ROCKS2.3
From:       Philip Papadopoulos <phil () sdsc ! edu>
Date:       2003-01-16 23:12:38

jorge wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are ready to begin the process of moving our RH6.2/ROCKS1.0
> installation to ROCKS2.3. Since we have a rather large number of
> machines we'd rather not go through the process of doing the
> insert-ethers for each of our compute nodes particularly since we've
> accumulated things like MAC addressed from our previous ROCKS
> installation. Is it possible to do what insert-ether does manually on
> the head node after entering in the data in database?

Hi Jorge,
Short answer is yes.
Basically if you send a dump of your current database to me (actually,
just
the nodes table), I can send back a formatted file to read back into your
rocks
2.3 database that should be correct. (use mysqldump, i think)
One big difference is that we keep the
IP addresses in the database now -- the ancient rock you are using had
an autogeneration each time that sometimes messed up. I think you
are probably the last rocks 1.0 user, so this will be a one-off. but we
are quite happy to help.

-P