List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Backup for NetWare 6.5 - options needed
From:       "Simon Shilton" <Simon.Shilton () acustica ! co ! uk>
Date:       2011-08-17 11:42:10

I used Arkeia for several years, and it worked really well. We had a master on Linux \
and backed up SLEs, OES1 and OES2 Linux, Netware and Windows boxes, it was good. \
AFAIR you need Linux as Master, but it does disk to tape, disk to disk and disk to \
disk to tape.
Best of luck
Simon

> > > On 14 August 2011 at 19:53, in message \
> > > <25425_1313348010_0LPX006VOLSVM880_4E48199C.9000303@nyp.org>, "Peter J. Cox" \
> > > <pjc9001@nyp.org> wrote:

Alan,
     We've never used them but after a few searches I ran across a
company called ARKEIA that claim they support Netware. Here's a link to
them:
http://www.arkeia.com/en/solutions/by-platform/novell

Hope that helps.

If there are any questions or problems
please contact me.
_______________________
Peter J. Cox
Network Manager, IT
NY Methodist Hospital
718-780-3250 Office
718-780-5993 HelpDesk

On 8/12/2011 4:48 PM, alan@precise-computer.com wrote:
> Yeah, I talked  to SEP, and they don't support backing up NetWare to a Windows
> box unless we put in a Linux box as an intermediary, which isn't very practical
> for an office of 5 people.
>
> Any other backup ideas? Anyone have an old copy of Backup Exec lying around
> unused?<g>
>
> Alan

> Sep sesam will back up to just about anything and it backs up NDS user rights as
> well. It is also cheaper than most backup solutions.
>

> Robert Deans Digital Forensics Examiner
> ACE, CCFE, MCSE, CNE, CCENT, SECURITY+, Server+
> LINUX+, NETWORK+, A+
> IS Manager
> Mason County Washington
> 360-427-5503
> I have a customer who just upgraded their server hardware. They required 3TB of
> drive space, but I wasn't able to find a reasonably-priced tape drive that would
> store that much. After many conversations with them, they purchased a USB-based
> removable hard drive type of system, expecting it would work with their existing
> BackupExec. It doesn't. I can't find any NetWare drivers for this thing, so I'm
> probably going to resort to hanging off one of the clerk's workstations and
> making them responsible for changing drives.
>
> What software do you recommend that has an agent for NetWare that can backup to
> a Windows-based workstation with an external hdd?
> I'd prefer to stick with Backup Exec, but since Symantec has kissed-off NetWare,
> I don't think that's an option.
>
> Please? Anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Alan

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, \
and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the \
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, \
distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you \
have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us \
immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and \
delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.