List:       novell
Subject:    Re: SLES cron environment
From:       Joe Acquisto <joe.acquisto () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-08-02 13:33:27

This seems to work fine, with one wrinkle -

On one cluster, it seems to cause sdiff to produce a compare difference,
when there is none.  At least none apparent, as the md5 results appear
identical.

Basically, there are two files, each of which contains a directory listing
of files, with an md5 sum appended to each line.  One is static, (recreated
manually, as required) with the other is dynamic, created by script called
from cron.  sdiff is also in this same script, run by cron.

If I comment out the additions to cron, things work as expected.  Again, it
is only one cluster.  Others that were upgraded to OES2 do not exhibit this
problem.

Suggestions?

joe a.