List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Clouds
From:       Guy Dawson <guy () crossflight ! co ! uk>
Date:       2011-03-15 16:02:42

On 15/03/2011 14:01, Tim Heywood wrote:
> Guy,
>
> Salesforce;  How long does it take to get an account disabled and
> deprovisioned? This is once of the classic security holes in the cloud,
> last time I gave it a hard time on behalf of a customer it was anything
> up to 3 months for an account to be disabled.

We have a couple of Salesforce users the are allocated to IT and have
admin privs. We can add/disable users very easily and quickly.

Only active (ie not disabled) user accounts count against the number of
licensed users. A guess Salesforce know that sales forces can be
dynamic!

> I understand about the GAPE and indeed the salesforce stuff from a
> business perspective, it's just the security that gets me so excited (a
> bit like my 12 year old daughter!)

You do have to extend some trust to Salesforce/Google and with the
expectation that their IT staff won't snoop or steal the data. Many
companies are OK with that given that they already have that expectation
of their own IT staff. OTOH, many companies are not and I understand that
Google did recently fire a member of staff for snooping email.

Guy
Guy Dawson                 I.T. Systems Manager         Crossflight Ltd
guy@crossflight.co.uk         07973  797819                01753 776104