List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Cluster issues
From:       "Steven Tharp" <Steven.Tharp () davenport ! edu>
Date:       2009-08-29 12:38:35

The direction that novell has taken is that we need to make our lives as
Groupwise admins easier and the best way to do that and a way to save
money is to consolidate and reduce the number of PO and Domains we are
using. THey used to tell us that that had many size limitations and we
should say small but this is no longer true. This coudl easily be done
in about 8 PO which woudl make your life much simpler.

Steven Tharp

>>> Paul Allen <pallenr32@gmail.com> 08/28/09 11:28 PM >>>
Hello Steven
I think the concern was the time taken during maintenance and segmenting
off
users into their own PO to limit the impact to other users when things
go
pair shaped.

cheers
Paul

2009/8/29 Steven Tharp <Steven.Tharp@davenport.edu>

> Sounds like it was written by folks who understood GroupWise about 10
> years ago. Nothing special about PO that exceed 50GB.
>
> Steven Tharp
> Davenport University

> Hello Alan
> I am following the solution design doc put together by the system
> architechs...its a design where a Post Offices has a maximum size of
> 50Gb
> and where a Faculty will have multiple Post Offices...due to storage
> issues
> not users....
>
> This is due in part to no policies being put into place to limit user
> mailbox sizes, the client is a large University and for Intellectual
> Property reasons would like Faculties and research divisions in their
> own
> Post Office...
>
> cheers
> paul
>
> 2009/8/29 Alan Downs <alan@precise-computer.com>
>

> > My first question is why you have 26 PO's when GW can handle many,
> many
> > users on each. I would lower my PO count, which would make the
> migration
> > much less complex. I haven't done a SLES cluster yet, so I can't
speak
> > that, just GW.
> > Sent from my BlackBerry ® wireless device from U.S. Cellular

Business and common sense have little to do with each other these days.

(Misquoting 'A Midsummer Night's Dream')