List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Map to cluster volume on Linux (ncp)
From:       "joea () j4computers ! com" <joea () j4computers ! com>
Date:       2009-05-19 15:58:36

Please ignore the message.  It is all a lie.  It is just as I left it, both volumes under
one VNCP object.

I apologize for the false alarm.  My bad.

joe a.

>>> "joea@j4computers.com" <joea@j4computers.com> 05/19/09 11:55 AM >>>
Sigh. The LGM's are out in force, this week.

I was off attending to other matters, leaving one VNCP1 empty and VNCP2 with both
volumes visible.

Several hours later, I take another look and the volumes appear where expected.

I know patience is a virtue, but . . . how long is reasonable? In past attempts, I have
rechecked every few minutes for up to 15 minutes, without seeing changes. SLP issues?

It appears, at first glance, that the resources have not been migrated or otherwise
toyed with and everything is just as I left it.

I'm not sure if I am pleased, or troubled. Some would say the latter, regardless of context.

Oh, Nurse . . .

joe a.

If one physical node is hosting both virtual servers, and both cluster
volumes, then both virtual servers should show BOTH cluster volumes. If I
have it right then both R1 and R2 should be visible under VNCP1 and VNCP2
(as well as N2.)

If this is not what's visible then you do indeed have an issue.

Bill