List:       novell
Subject:    Re: OES1 Linux ncp volumes, eDirectory
From:       "joea () j4computers ! com" <joea () j4computers ! com>
Date:       2009-05-11 19:06:38

Seems one must create these using ncpcon to have them show up in eDirectory.  And \
even, in some cases, to have them show up via Windows browse.   Attempting to create \
them via manual entries in /etc/ncpserv.conf is problematic.
An interesing note is that when creating them with ncpcon and adding "Inherit Posix \
Permissions" to the command line, that does not get added to /etc/ncpserv.conf.  The \
volume name and path get created, but Inherit Posix Permissions does not.
joe a.

> > > "joea@j4computers.com" <joea@j4computers.com> 05/08/09 3:38 PM >>>
Newly created ncp(con) volumes on a linux, oes1 box, to not show up in eDirectory.

In some cases, created new, from scratch, in others deleted old volumes names and \
created new volume names. Neither do those show up, in eDirectory. Did rcndsd \
restart, rcslpd restart for giggles.

Can see them doing browse, via windows network neighborhood/netware services. I can \
access the files. Simply cannot get them to show up in eDirectory. I have a dim \
recollection, but nothing from memory or KB searches.

If there is a Netware like facility to "upgrade mounted volumes . . ." I do not find \
it.

joe a.