List:       novell
Subject:    Antw: Restricting workstations
From:       "Peter Koenig" <Peter.Koenig () uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2007-06-25 9:53:54

I assume you use ZENworks? -

in the Use-Policy under Dynamic Local user there are 2 options:

1) volatile User (remove user after logout) then it is impossible to
log in because the username is removed from the SAM after the logout
2) check manage existing user account and fill in the credentials
below

regards  - peter

>>> John Boardman <johnboardman1@yahoo.com> 23.06.2007 20:28 >>>
How can we prevent people from getting to the internet without logging
in to a workstation?  Right now, by checking workstation only, students
can log in locally and get to the internet without us being able to
monitor this activity.  If we hide the workstation only button, we are
not able to log in locally if necessary.  This is occasionally required
because sometimes a student will play around with the workstation and
cause it not to be able to log into the network.

Thanks for any ideas people have.