List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Apache won't load
From:       "Gerry VanLoh" <gvanloh () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-08-31 20:58:26

Turns out numerous public certificates had expired.  Although some of the
machines had been restarted prior to the 6.5.5 upgrades, the upgrade seems
to have triggered those that were expired.  So, pkidiag did it's job and
they're extended for another 2 years.  Do any of you take any other steps to
prevent this from happening every couple years or is this a two year
affair?  Looks like you could generate a custom certificate with a longer
life??  It was a learning experience on certificates, pkidiag and services
like Apache/iManager utilizing them and the problems that can hit when they
don't work anyway!  There are a few tricks when you've not had to mess with
them much!

Thanks for comments!!
Gerry