List:       novell
Subject:    Re: sled10 dvd -- requires "dual layer" dvd?
From:       Paul Gear <pgear () redlands ! qld ! edu ! au>
Date:       2006-08-28 1:45:34

Peter Van Lone wrote:
> I'm trying to burn the sled10-x86_64-DVD1.iso file to a dvd, using K3b
> (the cd/dvd burner from KDE in Suse 10).
>
> When I attempt the burn, k3b prompts to insert a blank "dual layer"
> dvd. Well, I've got a DVD-R 4.7GB single sided dvd ready to go.
>
> The iso file is only 3.1 GB
>
> Does the image expand beyond the capacity of my DVD, so that's why I
> am being prompted for a different media type? Or, is something messed
> up?
>
> Thus far google has lead only to dark passage-ways.

The DVDs of SLES and SLED are definitely not dual layer.  According to
the download site, the SLED 10 DVD is 2.9 GB (3193245696 bytes).  Have
you checked that you have the correct MD5 sum?  I had a lot of problems
downloading SLES initially, and it ended up that i needed to use wget
for Linux or FlashGet for Windows to download it successfully.

Paul