List:       novell
Subject:    RE: All NDPS printers show as "Unbound" even after RESTORE
From:       "Dave Moon" <dmoon () peru ! k12 ! in ! us>
Date:       2005-06-21 22:51:44

This will be a little off base but I was setting up NDPS on a server and
kept getting unbound on the server when creating new printers.  Turned
out that the host file had the wrong server address in it.  Corrected
that file and all was ok.

Just a thought.

dave

Dave Moon A+
Peru Community Schools
401 N. Broadway
Peru, IN 46970
765-473-3081
fax 765-472-5129

>>> MLeone@Contributionship.com 6/21/2005 2:01:48 PM >>>
Doing a RESTORE DATABASE FROM NDS did not work, either. <SIGH>

Guess I have to try restoring from LOCAL BACKUP. If that doesn't work,
I may
have to try REPIARing NDS, I think; I see this, in the NDPSMMON.LOG:

6-21-05  7:56:50 am,
Error (-603) was returned, Operation "Modify Object". Replica on
server
'GINET01',
Object Name: NDPS-SystemsPrt-HP2200.PCIC
(NDS Interface)

That's approximately the time the server went down. Altho that printer
doesn't exist anymore; I just haven't gotten around to removing it from
NDS.

Restoring from LOCAL BACKUP did NOT work. Still says "Not Bound". I
will try
restoring files from tape ...

Michael Leone, Systems Administrator
Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
<mailto:mleone@contributionship.com>
V: 215-627-1752 x1282