List:       novell
Subject:    Data replication in an iSCSI SAN
From:       Paul Gear <pgear () redlands ! qld ! edu ! au>
Date:       2005-06-20 23:26:33

Hi folks,

I'm contemplating a deployment of GroupWise (probably GW7, when it
comes out) on an OES/Linux cluster using an iSCSI disk array.  I'd
like to replicate the data to another disk array from the host side
(replicating disk arrays are a little out of my price range).

Anyone out there doing this, and if so, with what products?  At the
moment, it seems likely i'll be using EMC AX 100i disk arrays, Dell
SC1425 servers, and HP ProCurve 5300 series switches.

On the software side, i would probably use OES clustering, although
i'm not averse to heartbeat & DRBD (i already have a SLES9 firewall
cluster running that).

Would this work?  i.e. Is DRBD as a method of mirroring iSCSI a
workable solution?  Can i run GroupWise on a non-NSS filesystem?  Or
is NSS on DRBD practical?  Are there other software replication
facilities i should consider?

Thanks,
Paul
--
Paul Gear, Manager IT Operations, Redlands College
38 Anson Road, Wellington Point 4160, Australia