List:       novell
Subject:    Re: BackupExec 9.1 and ndmpd
From:       "Richard White" <RicharW () co ! mason ! wa ! us>
Date:       2005-03-29 0:09:29

This may mean nothing at all, but port 10000 is also used by VNC.

Tks n rgds,
Richard White CNE6
Network Engineer
Mason County, Washington
360-427-5501
richarw@co.mason.wa.us

>>> SEUFERER@alan.ameslab.gov 3/23/2005 5:50:32 AM >>>
Hello,
     On a remote server I stopped BE to install a BE patch.  Once
I was done I tried to restart BE and I get the error:
NDMPD.NLM: Unable to initialize communication interface.
Another application is currently using NDMP PORT: 10000.
Further program execution is not possible.

I used TCPCON to see what was on port 10000 and I saw
nothing on 10000.  I've searched the Knowledge Base on
Novell and Veritas and found nothing.  Any Ideas?

David Seuferer, CNE6
Ames Laboratory
Information Systems
seuferer@ameslab.gov