List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Connecting to a NetWare server on IP without the Novell client
From:       "Chad Leeper" <chad () Capitalcityfruit ! com>
Date:       2005-03-23 18:34:26

Setup the NFAU for Netware 6.5
It allows you a computer to connect to a netware server without the
novell client.
Here is the link
http://www.novell.com/documentation/nw65/index.html?page=/documentation/nw65/native/data/hz8pck9v.html

Thanks,

/Chad

>>> sconnell@dipix.com 3/23/05 9:48 AM >>>
Hello all,

I am soon going to remove the IPX protocol from my organization when I
upgrade to Netware 6.5 but I just realized a potential problem. We
connect a
lot of special imaging systems temporarily to our network in order to
install software updates and so on.  These systems are running Windows
2000
and connect with the Microsoft client for netware. Unfortunately, it
seems
that this client ONLY supports IPX!

How can we connect these units to the main Netware server without
installing
the Novell client.  The reason is that the Novell client is a bit of a
pig
in terms of size and time that is required to install it (even with a
customized ACU).  It's also not part of Windows so the installer will
have
to take an extra step to connect to a Windows server shared folder to
get
the Netware client.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Shawn

This email was scanned and certified as free from any known malicious
data.  However, any
attached files opened by you is done so at your own risk!  The
information contained in this
message is intended only for the personal and confidential use
of the designated recipients named herein.  As of May 25, 2004, if this
disclaimer is not included, then this
email did not originate from Dipix Technologies Inc.