List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Distributing VS.NET?
From:       "zzz" <zzz () minneapolis ! edu>
Date:       2005-01-31 3:11:15

Hi,

I don't have an answer for a ZEN rollout of VS.NET.

What I have found here is that it is much easier to simply roll the lab
images with VS.NET already fully installed and tested with the entire
lab image.

Personally, I would not use ZEN to roll this product.

This product has been a "thorn" to me for a long time.

VS.NET can be very tricky and wants to hook to just about everything in
the OS ( best I can tell ).

Others may know of some shortcuts or methods to make this work with
ZEN.

Thank you

Dana

>>> MolM@cvxmck.edu.au 1/30/2005 8:37:12 PM >>>
Hi all,
I have been given the task of rolling out MS Visual Studio.NET to a
few
of our labs here.  We run ZFD4.01, and I have no problems with the
process, but the 'install' of the product consists of a heap of
pre-requisite checks/installs which will probably have various results
from PC to PC.  Has anyone done this before, and does anyone have any
suggestions?
Thanks.

Michael Mollard
Information Systems Administrator