List:       novell
Subject:    BSOD
From:       "Larry Burd" <larry () ladyburd ! com>
Date:       2004-10-30 11:59:01

I havn't found that at all.  I just uninstalled a client, and reinstalled 4.9sp2patch c, and IPX only and I still get the BSOD.
also running XP proSP1 XP pro SP2.   very intermittent, and on IPX only.
you say your running 4.9sp2e?
Larry

I have found that reloading the Client and all the patches gets rid of
the problem.  I don't remove the client first.  I don't know why this
works but it has for me on many systems.  It acts like maybe M$
overwrote a dll or changed something in the registry with one of the
online updates.  I just don't know.  I just know that I have had success
with reloading the client.  I have also noticed that the crashes only
occur on TCP/IP networks.  My IPX networks don't BSOD, they will just
not allow you to log in.  The IPX networks client will hang forever and
require a hard reset.  My systems are Windows XP Pro SP2 and Client 4.9
sp2e.

Mike Kollmorgan
Logical Computer Solutions