List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Using VPN client with NAT
From:       Randy Grein <randygrein () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-10-27 5:46:03

Sorry for the delay...

Proxy wouldn't work either. Both would rewrite too much of the packet,
trashing the validation tags. What you need is a VPN tunnel, which (I
believe) is why Novell is eventually migrating to linux firewall
solutions. BM is good, but market evolution has left it standing by
itself in this area.

Randy Grein, Master CNE, CCNA