List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Good document: Moving Org CA from one server to another
From:       Bill Brush <bbrush () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-25 16:42:38

It's a good thought, but don't bother.

I talked to the eDir/CA people about this at Brainshare and there's no
way for them to fix it.  Basically with the original versions of the
CA they never thought they might want to export the private key so
there was no facility put in place for it.  Their recommendation was
to try to export it, because they had found a lot of people who
thought they couldn't export their CA,  when they really could.  They
did say though, that if you get the error listed you're out of luck
and you have to recreate.

I, of course, was in the the "out of luck" boat.

At least now if it needs moved I can do it since I created it with a
newer version.

Bill