List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Problems setting fixed NDS cache size
From:       "Matthew Moncaster" <Matthew.Moncaster () circle33 ! org>
Date:       2004-10-25 15:54:37

Well when I say it disappears, the file still exists but its empty.

On Geoffrey Carman's suggestion I also tried using iManager to set the Hard
Cache limit but still it goes away if I reboot the server.

There is certainly a problem with this server in that its free cache is way too
low... maybe I am only seeing another symptom not a cause...

Thanks
Matt

Matthew Moncaster
Central Systems Administrator
Circle 33 Housing Group
1-7 Corsica Street
London N5 1JG

Direct line (020) 7288 4195
To log IT problems call (020) 7288 4015

>>> joea@hvaccess.com 25/10/2004 13:39:04 >>>

>Apropos memory leaks on Netware 6:-
>
>Following TID 10091980's link to TID 10094467, I can't seem to fix the DS.NLM
>cache size to persist across reboots.  When I edit sys:_netware\_ndsdb.ini,
it
>either disappears on the next reboot and the maximum cache size (in
dstrace=*p)
>reverts to 500MB+, or even weirder - the file is still there and specifies
>35000000 but the max cache size is 16MB approx.
>
>Am I missing anything obvious here? The servers are Netware 6.5 sp2.
>
>Thanks
>Matt

What disappears, the file?

Actual cache allocations are calculated by software, factoring in various
limits.  I always have to read the docs to work out what to do.  It's not that
it has become complex, it's more like I have become more simple.   Never
remember that you can look up, or figure out.  Thank you, Uncle Albert.

joea

This message is confidential.  You should not copy it
or disclose its contents to anyone.  You may use and
apply the information only for the intended purpose.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore
Circle 33 Housing group and its group partners do not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.
Any views or opinions presented are only those of the
author and not those of Circle 33 Housing Group and its
group partners. If this email has come to you in error
please delete it and any attachments.  Please note that
Circle 33 Housing Group may intercept incoming and
outgoing e-mail communications.