List:       novell
Subject:    Re: How to change IP address
From:       "Nanu Calmanovitz" <Nanu () kalmanovitz ! co ! il>
Date:       2004-02-25 17:24:53

Thanks!

Nanu

> > > dkruse@nhdallas.com 24/02/04 09:00PM >>>
You will need to change the IP address of the nic with either INETCFG or by editing \
the autoexec.ncf file.  The entry in the /etc/hosts file will need to be changed to \
reflect the new IP address.  TID 10064111 explains how changing the ip address will \
affect the certificate services. There may also be services, such as the Management \
Portal, that have the server IP address embedded in the configuration.  I would just \
uninstall and reinstall these services.

Donna Kruse

> > > Nanu@kalmanovitz.co.il 02/24/04 02:16 AM >>>
Hi

Since I am changing the Internet connection\infrastructure form Frame Relay to \
cables, I will need to change the IP numbers\addresses.

What and how is the best way to do it?

The network is a 2 servers NSBS 5.0.

TIA

Nanu