List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Adding Volumes under Netware 3.12,
From:       David Longley <David () longley ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-02-20 17:55:30

OK, that and the screen changing has enabled me to do that OK. Many
thanks to you all.

Second issue is with MercuryD/32 vs 3.32. The POP3 connection is working
up to a point. It tells me that "there is no mail waiting" or that there
is a "network error delivering anyway". I can send mail out from the 3.2
server, but the mail is just not coming down from the ISP. The dialup
box is a 56K modem on a Win2000 box running Mercury/32 - and logs into
the netware server. I have excluded any possibility that the problem is
with the netware server as I have reghosted the server with a 2 year old
image and this problem only started occurring 10 days ago. The ISP says
that it's not them, and just says to delete all the mail on their
server! But as it is a clients mail, and as the novell server is used by
lots of people, all their mail goes each time I clear it at the ISPs
end.

This surely has to be a problem on the Win 2000 box or at the ISPs end.

In message <s035e895.004@sdegw2.sde.state.sc.us>, Kevin Parris
<KPARRIS@sde.state.sc.us> writes
>Load vrepair BEFORE you dismount the SYS volume and it should work fine
>- it will be able to get whatever helper files are needed then.

>In message <20040219180008.0120D407@netlab1.usu.edu>, Mark Prinsen
><mark@prinsens.com> writes
>>> One other question. If I DISMOUNT the SYS volume and try
>>> running VREPAIR (having copied it to a floppy), I get a
>>> message that V_OS2.NLM can't be found. Copying that to the
>>> floppy too doesn't change matters. Basically I can't do a VREPAIR.
>>
>>The V_OS2.NLM is used if you have turned Long File Names on for that
>volume.
>>It used to be called OS2, more current Netware calls it Long.   If
>you
>>aren't using long file names (Windows98+) on the volume I wouldn't
>worry
>>about it.  If you are, can you load the NLM manually before running
>the
>>VREPAIR?
>>
>>____
>
>I'm very grateful for all this help.
>
>I've tried loading V_OS2.NLM and I get a whole screen full of can't
>finds when I do so. Any ideas why? I can't run VREPAIR without it so it
>
>seems, at least not without losing a folder which must have a long
>filename in it.
>
>I can't load the IDEATA.HAM or IDECD.CDM either....so the CD ROM (EIDE)
>
>won't work....

David Longley