List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Adding Volumes under Netware 3.12,Mounting and Buffer
From:       "Kevin Parris" <KPARRIS () sde ! state ! sc ! us>
Date:       2004-02-20 15:59:11

Load vrepair BEFORE you dismount the SYS volume and it should work fine
- it will be able to get whatever helper files are needed then.

>>> David@longley.demon.co.uk 2/19/2004 6:45:00 PM >>>
In message <20040219180008.0120D407@netlab1.usu.edu>, Mark Prinsen
<mark@prinsens.com> writes
>> One other question. If I DISMOUNT the SYS volume and try
>> running VREPAIR (having copied it to a floppy), I get a
>> message that V_OS2.NLM can't be found. Copying that to the
>> floppy too doesn't change matters. Basically I can't do a VREPAIR.
>
>The V_OS2.NLM is used if you have turned Long File Names on for that
volume.
>It used to be called OS2, more current Netware calls it Long.   If
you
>aren't using long file names (Windows98+) on the volume I wouldn't
worry
>about it.  If you are, can you load the NLM manually before running
the
>VREPAIR?
>
>____

I'm very grateful for all this help.

I've tried loading V_OS2.NLM and I get a whole screen full of can't
finds when I do so. Any ideas why? I can't run VREPAIR without it so it

seems, at least not without losing a folder which must have a long
filename in it.

I can't load the IDEATA.HAM or IDECD.CDM either....so the CD ROM (EIDE)

won't work....