List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Non-MS browsing
From:       "Gordon Ross" <G.Ross () ccw ! gov ! uk>
Date:       2003-09-25 7:10:18

This is one of my personnal beefs at the minute. Everyone is re-writting
their application to run within a web browser. BUT you can only access
their apps from IE (sometime now on Win2K or higher)

Excuse me, but what is the point of having a web based application only
available from IE ? Writting it as a Win32 app would be less complex,
and would run faster (the previous Win32 version usually did, as well
!). Why, oh why, do companies waste their time doing this ? Do they not
understand how the whole web thing works ?

*sigh*

GTG

>>> JRD@cc.usu.edu 25/09/2003 02:12:58 >>>
	I am commenting on the industry's infatuation with the web
interface being the only interface. They create very complicated and
hungry "portals" to simulate returning functionality, but it is
usually
more screen clutter and less functionality, and we can't adjust it
either.
The fancier things become right now the more rigid and less useful are
the results. It's ironic, it's sad.