List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Strange Upgrade Issue
From:       "Roland Gaspar" <rgaspar () patlq ! com>
Date:       2003-03-28 19:21:48

All the TIDs appear to be about nw51, in looking at pm trace screen, I seem to be \
getting "grace" licenses... yet, in nwadmin, I see my nw 600 user licenses, but none \
are being used...

any thoughts?

________________________
Roland Gaspar
Tel.: (514) 398-7880 xt 8603
ICQ # 1355591
www.roland-gaspar.com

> > > Chris.Nevener@networkingpartner.com 03/28/03 12:04PM >>>
Sometimes we have had to restart servers several times, assuming the timesync is ok \
and ds sync is ok. Then, "magically", the server uses its license. Novell Support \
says that this is working as designed. (?)

We also have had problems in mixed trees with demo, red box, mla, education and \
developer licenses. How many kinds of licenses have you installed into the tree?

Chris

Thanks in advance,
Chris Nevener
CEO, networkingpartner GmbH
http://www.networkingpartner.com

President, NUI-Germany
http://www.nuinet.de

Tel. +49-6184-90 26 94
Langenselbold, Germany

> > > Roland Gaspar<rgaspar@patlq.com> 28.03.2003 17:57:16 >>>
k, forgive me for being thick, but I don't quite get NLS... so, I installed a 100user \
license to my O with imanager, the PM Stats info has not changed, how do I get it to \
update?

________________________
Roland Gaspar
Tel.: (514) 398-7880 xt 8603
ICQ # 1355591
www.roland-gaspar.com

> > > Chris.Nevener@networkingpartner.com 03/28/03 11:26AM >>>
This is probably due to the fact that the [Public] object has rights to some of the \
directories on all of your volumes, even before the user actually logs in. The \
[Public] rights are valid even when a client simply connects to your network.

You will have to install the licenses to solve your problem. If you use the command \
"PM STATS" on the server console, you can see what is going on.

Chris

Thanks in advance,
Chris Nevener
CEO, networkingpartner GmbH
http://www.networkingpartner.com

President, NUI-Germany
http://www.nuinet.de

Tel. +49-6184-90 26 94
Langenselbold, Germany

> > > Roland Gaspar<rgaspar@patlq.com> 28.03.2003 17:20:26 >>>

Interesting thought, I had not indeed installed the new v6 licenses, but what I don't \
get is that I see *some* dirs in all volumes, but not all dirs in some volumes...

will go ahead and install v6 licenses and see how that goes...

________________________
Roland Gaspar
Tel.: (514) 398-7880 xt 8603
ICQ # 1355591
www.roland-gaspar.com

> > > "MBT Modern" <MBT@aprilaire.com> 03/28/03 08:52AM >>>
licensing?

Almost sounds like you don't have a licensed connection — server
utils can see it, but anything not on the console ....

> > > rgaspar@patlq.com 03/27/03 01:41PM >>>
Hi there, I tested a nw4 to nw6 upgrade in my lab and I had a strange
side effect:

- logged in as admin to the tree, one of my dir map objects was giving
me trouble... I figured eh, no big deal, let
's just redefine it... so I went to browse to vol:dir, but lo and
behold, it was not there..
- hmmm, then I went to browse the server (through network
neighbourhood), vol, dir, and it was not there, dir1 was there, dir2
was
there, but dir was not there...
- in monitor on the server, file/lock activity, vol, dir is there.
- in c1, brose to that vol, dir is not...
- dsrepair -a , unattended, no errors...

any ideas?