List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Re: How to totally disable NCP on second NIC IP ADDRESS
From:       jonbrath () ix ! netcom ! com
Date:       2003-02-26 16:56:44

unsubscribe
-------Original Message-------
From: Simon Flood <smf34@cam.ac.uk>
Sent: 02/26/03 05:50 AM
To: Novell LAN Interest Group <novell@netlab1.usu.edu>

> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:31:46 -0500 Al Bray wrote:

> xxx.xxx.xxx.11 is the ip address of the first NIC that we want to with
> NCP only.
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.18 is the ip address of the second NIC that we want to use
> with CIFS only.
>
> Used Server Paramaters in Monitor to set:
>
> NCP Exclude IP Addresses  xxx.xxx.xxx.18
> NCP Include IP Addresses  xxx.xxx.xxx.11

>From the SET command, option 8:

--begin--
NCP Exclude IP Addresses:  NONE
Maximum length:  190
Can be set in the startup ncf file.
IP addresses on this server will accept NCP traffic. 'NONE' may be
specified to indicate that no bound IP addresses on this server will
disable NCP, 'ALL' may be specified to disable NCP on all bound IP
addresses on this server. Addresses listed here have priority over the
'Set NCP Include IP Addresses' command.

NCP Include IP Addresses:  ALL
Maximum length:  190
Can be set in the startup ncf file.
IP addresses on this server will ignore NCP traffic. 'NONE' may be
specified to indicate that NCP is disabled on all IP addresses. 'ALL'
may bespecified to enable NCP over all bound IP addresses on this
server.
---end---

What happens if you keep the 'NCP Include IP Addresses = xxx.xxx.xxx.11'
but reset 'NCP Exclude IP Addresses' back to 'NONE'?

We have servers with multiple NICs & multiple IP addresses and we're
only including IP addresses to listen for NCP.

HTH

Simon