List:       novell
Subject:    NOVELL Digest - 8 Oct 2002 (#2002-422)
From:       Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV () LSV ! SYR ! EDU>
Date:       2002-10-09 4:00:01

Topics of the day:

  1. RConsole and Rconag6 (2)

The NOVELL list is hosted by L-Soft international's LISTSERV(TM) software
at Syracuse University.  To unsubscribe, send a SIGNOFF NOVELL command
to LISTSERV@LSV.SYR.EDU.  If you have questions about the list, write
to NOVELL-REQUEST@LSV.SYR.EDU.

Date:    Tue, 8 Oct 2002 13:15:38 -0400
From:    Michael Weaver <weaver@ARCHES.UGA.EDU>
Subject: Re: RConsole and Rconag6

--On Tuesday, October 8, 2002 11:51 AM -0500 Peter Van Lone
<Peter.VanLone@MBTMADISON.COM> wrote:

> No clue --
>
> But a suggestion. Abandon these tools FAST and go get
>
> Adrem Free Remote console from
>
> http://www.adremsoft.com/freecon/index.php
>
> It uses NDS to auth and no passwords are required. MUCH BETTER IN EVERY
> WAY!

Unless DS is locked, broken, or missing. Or unless the server has lost it's
licenses.

It is nice, we use it, but rconag6 is a fantastic 'emergency' tool that has
never let me down. AFreeCon has let me down before.

I think they are considering adding a 'DS is broken, let me in anyway'
feature to it, but I have no further info in that regard.

Don't get me wrong, it is a great tool, but as I only remote into servers
when they are broken.... well, it needs work.

Mike
--
Michael Weaver  (706)542-6462     weaver@arches.uga.edu
Engineering Services              EITS