List:       novell
Subject:    Re: Freezing Servers / high utilization
From:       Kevin Leadbeater <kleadbea () ESO ! ORG>
Date:       2001-02-28 8:13:31

i have the identical problem and novell have checked this out through an open
incident.  They have sent me two patches, one for FILESYS.NLM (FLSYSFT2.EXE) and
the other, an updated CLIB (010122n5.exe).  In order to rectify the problem (so
techsup say) you need both patches.

On my server, certainly applying the new FILESYS alone (even with the set
parameter) didn't help and i've just rebooted the server after applying the new
clib, (and set client file caching enabled=off, to be sure) so we'll wait and
see...

kevin

Subject: Re: Freezing Servers
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 17:06:08 -0600

--
Kevin Leadbeater, Systems Administrator, Terma Elektronik AS,
European Southern Observatory, Karl-Schwarzschild-Strasse 2,