List:       novell
Subject:    Re: NovaStor backup software
From:       Donovan Bray <dbray () CUESTA ! CC ! CA ! US>
Date:       2000-04-27 16:12:52

FYI: NovaStor/Novanet is an OEM'd version of Tapeware by Yosemite
Technologies.
www.tapeware.com

We are considering moving from Backup Exec to Tapeware because we are adding
in some SQL Servers and Exchange Servers. Because our primary backup servers
are netware, the Backup Exec Agents for SQL & Exchange won't work.

We would have to move everything over to NT, however once you do that, you
have to purchase an agent for EACH server you wish to back up over the wire.
At $271/server BE Enterprise for NT starts getting very expensive.