List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [ma-linux] Shared Web Folder
From:       Thomas Lyon Gideon <thomas () gideonfamily ! org>
Date:       2001-04-28 21:12:06

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 04:50:07PM -0400, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Derry Goberdhansingh wrote:
>
> > However, whenever someone from the group enters into the directory and
> > starts creating stuff into it, it defaults to their own group. How do I make
> > it so that whenever any person who belongs to the group, lets call it
> > webdev, enters into that directory and starts to make stuff or edit stuff in
> > there it will always belong to the webdev group and not the users's
> > individual group?
>
> You need to make the group bit sticky with chmod, g+s.

You want to set this on the *directory*, though, not the files.  Otherwise the files \
will have the sgid bit set, which may not be what you want.

--

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

mailto:thomas@gideonfamily.org
http://www.gideonfamily.org/tom/
jabber:Highlander@jabber.org