List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [ma-linux] Too quiet
From:       Thomas Lyon Gideon <thomas () gideonfamily ! org>
Date:       2001-04-27 20:35:32

On Fri, Apr 27, 2001 at 04:28:41PM -0400, Dave Aitel wrote:
> I'm too busy playing Heretic II on my Linux box to send e-mail today. I
> found that if you get the patch it'll run nicely as full-screen.

Yes, yes, the patch is very nice, very nice indeed.  On my Radeon, at 1280x960, \
Heretic is glorious!  (^;  I've been alternatibe between it and the Rune beta \
currently to satisfy my addiction.

> Although apparently no one at Loki has ever played a first person shooter
> before because the keys are set up in a truly bizarre way, instead of the
> industry standard "wasd" setup.

I doubt it's looking, it's probably the original licenser, Activision I think.  Does \
it bother anyone else that most FPS's have invert mouse *off* by default, too?  How \
disorienting.

> It's just cool not to have to reboot to play games.

Here, here.  My current Linux play list now includes Rune, Heretic II, Heavy Gear II, \
Quake 3 Arena, Unreal Tournament, Civ:CtP and SMAC (plus all the dinky games that \
came with my distro).  I barely feel the loss of the few Windows titles I bought in \
the last few years (I still wish someone would port Homeworld--argh!).

Tom

--

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

mailto:thomas@gideonfamily.org
http://www.gideonfamily.org/tom/
jabber:Highlander@jabber.org