List:       novalug
Subject:    [novalug] missing ppp modules
From:       "Qadir Abdus-Sabur, Ph.D." <qsabu () vafb ! com>
Date:       2000-10-30 15:51:09

I have installed Red Hat 6.2 on a ThinkPad 380 and I ran into a
problem with the ppp configuration (ppp-2.3.7). I have defined a ppp
connection to my ISP and the system seems to connect OK. I can view
the /var/log/message file and see that the login and password were
sent ok and the IP addresses are assigned to my box by my ISP's
network. I can run ifconfig and see the ppp connection active on my
box. But when I start lynx or netscape I get an unable to connect
message.
	In my /var/log/message file I get the following
	hostname modprobe can't locate module ppp-compress-21
     hostname modprobe can't locate module ppp-compress-26
	hostname modprobe can't locate module ppp-compress-24

	I have attempted to locate these modules using find but they are not
on my system.
	Any suggestions?

Qadir Abdus-Sabur, Ph.D.
Virginia Farm Bureau