List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [novalug] Fileserver woes
From:       "Jay Hart" <jhart () kevla ! org>
Date:       2006-07-31 1:47:40

david,

Usually whe nI have to TB motherboard problems. I do the following tests:

1. Boot normally, get any beeps during post?

2. take the memory out, get any beeps? Are they different from above?

2a. Try a different video card, any luck?

3. If you have a battery that is replaceable on the MB, go ahead and replace it.

4. put out any cards not needed to get into the bios, also remove any connections on the MB not
needed, such as speaker output. Basically during this step you are checking to see if something
else is causing you a problem. Minimum hardware config is what you want.

5. If you can get into bios, see if any firmware updates exists and flash your board. (Fixed many
the computer doing this).

6. Pray on the above works.

Hope this helps,

Jay Hart