List:       novalug
Subject:    [novalug] quota.user quota.group files
From:       "Tester Tester" <testert555 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-23 19:36:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Help!

A friend of mine is running an old Cobalt server (I don't recall what
version of Linux) and running out of diskspace. He noticed a file
quota.userin his /home partition taking up 18 of 30 gigs.  I
understand that this is
part of the disk quota system.  What I am unable to find is, can this file
be deleted and recreated?  Is it's size normal?  Other then deleting it, is
there a better way to shrink it?

Thank you,

CTM