List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [novalug] IDE RAID controller
From:       Maxwell Spangler <maxpublic04 () maxwellspangler ! com>
Date:       2005-02-28 16:32:55

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Ralph Thomas wrote:

> Hi all, I'm looking into getting a IDE RAID controller
> (Parallel ATA-133) and ran into the Promise FastTrack
> TX2000. Looked good to me until I read one review on
> newegg regarding poor performance under Linux. Does
> anyone have experience with this specific card or can
> recommend a different one?

Look into the 3Ware brand controllers.  They're much more expensive, but
they're worth it for the performance..  You can get older ones on Ebay.

The Promise cards for years have been basic ATA/IDE cards with some additional
RAID capability.. While 3ware has earned a lot of respect from the Linux
community for its quality..
  --
Maxwell Spangler