List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [ma-linux] Gimp printing, again
From:       justin-r-swain () att ! net
Date:       2005-02-27 1:45:57

As I read your message  - the following may apply . . . .
Gimp 2.0 Instructions for Brightness and Contrast controls

GIVEN:
01. I used a digital camcorder to create a still .jpg image file, mypic.jpg.
02. I opened Gimp 2.0 then clicked on "File" and selected mypic.jpg
03. A second window displaying the mypic.jpg image is created - from this window
04. Click on "Tools" a dropdown window is displayed - select "Color Tools"
05. From the dropdown window "Color Tools" select "Brightness and Contrast"
06. Now experiment with the Brightness and Contrast controls and observe the varied \
effects 07. If you find an effect you like click on "File" and choose "Save As" to \
save results as a new file (If one keeps and unmodified original image file then one \
may revisit it and modify it then save the results in a new file using "Save As"

There are other functions in Gimp for modifying images - keep original then \
experiment with a copy or copies.

Please rate if this information has been addressed your request.
5 = Excelent right on the mark; 1 = Information did not relate to problem
Best wishes,
Justin Swain - Technical writer and video producer
From: Theodore Ruegsegger <truegsegger@csc.com>