List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [ma-linux] Upgrade or Not?
From:       Przemek Klosowski <przemek () jazz ! ncnr ! nist ! gov>
Date:       2004-06-30 17:38:34

John wrote:

     Sysadmin mantra #57: Doing something quick-and-dirty because you
     don't have time to deal with a problem always ends up causing you to
     spend even more time later. Q&D almost always isn't, in the long
     run -- be "smart lazy".

Another way to put it was given to me by my metalworking friends, when
I asked whether to buy a cheap/cheesy or expensive/high quality tool:

  You will always pay for the good tool, one way or the other