List:       novalug
Subject:    [ma-linux] More on upgrade or not
From:       Chuck Divine <chuck.divine () att ! net>
Date:       2004-06-30 2:30:56

Thanks, everyone,

You've confirmed my suspicions.

I'll be doing a new install. I think the hardware is still OK.  But a
new package should show if that's a problem.

While I'm not a full time sysadmin (too little time), I do keep backups
(usually on CD) of everything that's important.  For one thing, it's the
easiest way to get my digital art (see
http://chuck.divine.home.att.net/sfart/ for low resolution images) to
the lab.  Backing everything else up the same way is just natural to me.

And, yes, I'll be keeping the system more up to date in the future.

Thanks again!

Best,

Chuck Divine