List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [ma-linux] SBS 2003 Premium equivilent?
From:       John S J Anderson <jacobs () genehack ! org>
Date:       2004-06-29 13:08:27

"Eddie Albert" <inetspy@earthlink.net> writes:

> What would you guys see as the Linux equivalent of Redmond's Small Business
> Server 2003?
>
> I am looking for ONE PACKAGE not a hodge-podge, that I can hand to someone
> tell them to install (or order OEM already installed) on a single server for
> a 5-50 user small business.

  From looking at MicroSoft's web site, SBS2K3 is itself a hodgepodge
  of other MS products -- Win2K3 server, Exchange2K3, SQLServer2K,
  FrontPage, etc.

> Any recommendations?

  Based on what I see on Microsoft's website, any of the
  "enterprise-level" Linux distributions should work -- RHEL, SuSE,
  etc.

john.
--
"As global connectivity improves, the probability of actual Nazis
being on the net approaches one."