List:       novalug
Subject:    [novalug] USB devices?
From:       mark () winksmith ! com
Date:       2002-12-31 23:37:11

i'm running rh72 with various upgrades including 2.4.18 on my laptop.
i have two usb ports on my sony vaio.

what are the odds of getting some arbitrary usb devices to work?
i have a 3-in-1 combo reader in mind for instance.  you can see
at http://www.upgradenation.com/danphotcomsm.html

how do i transfer information to/from these things?  when i plug in my
current flash card reader into my pcmcia slot it merely looks like a
disk which i mount and then use 'cp' to copy things back and forth.

--
Mark Smith
mark at winksmith dot com