List:       novalug
Subject:    [novalug] More on letter to Governor Warner
From:       Charles M Howe <cmhowe () patriot ! net>
Date:       2002-12-31 5:29:55

A thought has occurred to me: Accompany the letter to the governor that
I am composing with a compi;ation of short reports on open source
software that might be useful to state government. If we do it right, it
could amount a powerful statement. I will expand on this thought later
in this post.

There is a vast list of possibilities, of course. Citing too many would
be counterproductive but I have no feel for how many might be cited. It
wouldn't surprise me if there were as many as one hundred candidates for
inclusion.

What do I want? Send me up to a page about your candidate for inclusion
in the report. Say what it does. Give a URL. Say what the license is --
GPL. LGPL, BSD, whatever. Say a little about you or your orgsanization's
experience or what you know of someone's experience. Say how big it is.

I said earlier that this statement could become a powerful statement.
Here is what I had in mind: You might want to include your name and
title. If enough people sign on, it would amount to a way of saying that
we are serious people with a serious contribution to make. Our existence
would figure in his political calculus.

Let me hear from you.

Charlie