List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [ma-linux] Re: DMCA, "Floor vote" & CSPAN
From:       Ken Firestone <kenf () speakeasy ! net>
Date:       2002-02-27 13:34:31

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, justin-r-swain@att.net wrote:

   If a hand vote were taken on the floor of the Senate or
    the House perhaps it would have been recorded by CSPAN?
    If one can determine the date and time of the event . .

I might be wrong, but I think it was a voice vote, not a hand
vote. This allows the chair to determine who won (who is
loudest?). Not very accurate, and it allows the various critters to
hide from their action.

   .
    one may request to look at the proceedings and try to
    identify the members voting.

   Is anyone familiar with CSPAN recording sessions and
   the public's ease of accessing CSPAN's archives for
   research?

   --
   Justin-R-Swain@att.net
   Linux and GPL Advocate