List:       novalug
Subject:    [ma-linux] Problem with 'ls'
From:       Prashanth Pandit <prapandit () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 9:33:57

Hi there,

I am facing a problem with 'ls'. I have a RedHat 6.2 server with two
partitions (ext2). During bootup, all these partitions are mounted. In
one of these partitions, 'ls' falis by giving an error message:

    bash:/bin/ls: No such file or directory

Interestingly, 'stat' system call within 'ls' is failing. It happens
only for file names beginning with numbers (e.g, 12th-log-file, etc)
and it works fine with file names beginning with chars.

Please help understand this problem.

- Prashanth A Pandit