List:       novalug
Subject:    Re: [ma-linux] Free BSD
From:       Chris Gordon <csgordon () speakeasy ! net>
Date:       2001-11-30 1:49:56

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:43:33PM -0500, William.Ampeh@frb.gov wrote:

> In FREE BSD what is the equivalent of the following commands:
> df -h
> dhog
> find . -type d  -name "spool" -print

Are you asking what the Linux equivalents of the above Free BSD commands or
the other way around?

df and find are pretty standard on all *nix.  No idea what "dhog" is.
Google didn't turn up anything promising either.

> What is the default location of all unread mails (/var/log/spool/??)?

RedHat mail spools are in /var/spool/mail.  I'm not sure where other Linux
distributions put their mail, but this is configurable.  Other *nix use
slightly different locations.

Chris