List:       novalug
Subject:    [novalug] CD-Based Linux Distros (was: knoppix)
From:       Dennis Opfermann <dopferm () qrc ! com>
Date:       2001-11-28 17:29:52

I tried Superrescue last night.  It is full featured, too, but I haven't
compared it to Knoppix yet.  Since we're a RedHat shop, I'll probably
modify this version for my own/work use.  The default is KDE, but GNOME,
enlighentment, and others are there as well.  It took quite a bit of time
to load KDE, GNOME loaded much faster.

I still plan to test 1 CD distro each night and Knoppix is next.  I haven't
had any luck downloading Demo Linux, yet.

I'm finding this enjoyable and recommend it as a very easy way to sample
other flavors of Linux.

I did find a review of CD distros by our friends in southern VA, PLUG:
http://plug.twuug.org/articles/cddistro.html
Check out the acknowledgements at the bottom.  Is he "Mr. Ubiquitous"
or what? I wish the article was dated.